Giant Animation is looking for talented storyboard artists to work on an action based preschool TV show. The storyboard artist will not only function as a conventional storyboard artist but additionally will contribute collaboratively to sequence development with the director(s).
- Receive written and verbal descriptions of a sequence from the Director.
- Draw storyboards that depict the action, camera placement, and acting of the characters in that sequence.
- Hone, refine, delete, or create dialog where needed.
- Present the storyboards to the director and other members of the story team.
- Once approved, pass storyboards on to the team.
- Create new drawings to fix and change sequences throughout the production process.
- Create and pitch alternate story solutions to the director.
- Able to create options to story ideas
- Composition and presentation skills
- Able to present work in a clear and entertaining way
- Entertaining acting ideas
- Strong layout and design skills
- Strong, communicative draftsmanship
- Able to work quickly, when necessary
- Able to work collaboratively, create and then change gears
- Basic knowledge of film is required, including language, acting, and craft
- Basic Photoshop experience recommended, but not required
- A degree or equivalent in Computer Graphics, Animation, Film-making, or other related course
- Knowledge and experience using editing software
- Previous experience as a storyboard artist in the game or movie industries
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
Send your applications to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ and good luck with your application!